We can assist you to define and value your idea, consider potential pathways for development and provide key connections or introductions.
We introduce partners from industry to deliver better health outcomes through co-development. We establish and develop strategic partnerships between the public health sector, industry, research organizations, universities and other parties that have potential to lead healthcare outcomes.
We provide innovative health professionals with advice on product design, market validation and health innovation funding options. We can help you get where you want to go, faster. We are here to commercialise New Zealand’s public health sector intellectual property, innovations, and initiatives with strategic partners for better health outcomes.
We connect entrepreneurial DHB staff who can collectively identify problems or opportunities for innovation to commercialise. We deliver events and workshops to raise awareness and understanding of the fundamental elements of commercialisation i.e. patent protection, government regulations, market validation etc.
“There is no single medical intervention that will ever save as many lives as patient safety improvement.“Don Berwick — former Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What sort of Ideas are we looking for?
We are looking for ideas that can be widely adopted because they:
- make a material difference to people’s health, here and in other countries;
- make clinicians’ jobs easier and more effective, so clinicians will want to adopt them; and
- reduce the cost of care, so public and private funders will want to fund them.
Q. Will the information I disclose about my idea/invention be confidential?
We assure confidentiality:
- in all cases we include a discussion about what confidentiality requirements there may be and how these will be applied
- An explicit confidentiality / non-disclosure agreement can be signed beforehand.