We can assist you to define and value your idea, consider potential pathways for development and provide key connections or introductions.
NZHIH establishes and develops strategic partnerships between the public health sector, industry, research organisations, universities and other parties that have potential to lead healthcare outcomes and facilitate economic gain.
We are here to commercialise New Zealand’s public health sector intellectual property, innovations, and initiatives with strategic partners for better health outcomes.
“There is no single medical intervention that will ever save as many lives as patient safety improvement.“Don Berwick — former Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What sort of Ideas are we looking for?
We are looking for ideas that can be widely adopted because they:
- make a material difference to people’s health, here and in other countries;
- make clinicians’ jobs easier and more effective, so clinicians will want to adopt them; and
- reduce the cost of care, so public and private funders will want to fund them.
Q. Will the information I disclose about my idea/invention be confidential?
We assure confidentiality:
- in all cases we include a discussion about what confidentiality requirements there may be and how these will be applied
- An explicit confidentiality / non-disclosure agreement can be signed beforehand.